Paint (architectural coating/aerosol)
Paint Recycling is available at the Eco Centre - 10431 - 96 Avenue. Map and hours of operation.
Aquatera works in partnership with ARMA (Alberta Recycling Management Authority).
The program includes oil and latex architectural coating paints such as interior and exterior house paints, stains, wood finishing oils, varnishes, primers and undercoats.
The Paint Recycling Program applies to oil and latex paints sold in containers from 100 ml to 24 litres.
The program also accepts:
- all paints sold in aerosol containers
- empty metal paint containers for recycling
ICI (Industrial, Commercial, Institutional) Customers
If ICI customers have large amounts of paint products, please contact the Waste Management hotline at 780.538.0452 to make delivery arrangements.
- Interior & exterior latex (water based) & alkyd (oil-based) paints
- Porch, floor & deck paints
- Interior & exterior varnishes & urethanes
- Primers, undercoats & water repellent sealers
- Wood finishing oil & stains
- Non-catalyzed & non-nitrocellulose laquers
- Rust & decorative metal paints
- Concrete & driveway (non-tar based) paints
- Deck & floor paints
- Fence & barn paints
- Empty paint cans & pails (metal)
- Paint aerosols
- Marine paint (must not contain pesticides)
- Traffic paint
Note: Paint must be in original containers
Not Accepted Products:
- Non-aerosol automotive paints
- Non-aerosol craft & artist paints
- Marking paint
- Colorant & tints
- Paint or wood preservatives containing pesticides
- Nitrocellulose lacquer & paint
- Glues, adhesives, calking compounds
- Spray adhesives
- Deck cleaners
- Fibreglass resins
- Corrosive products
- Industrial paints
- Roof patch, tars & grease
- Solvents, thinners & mineral spirits
- Brushes, rags & rollers
The Eco Centre cannot accept:
- Bulging or leaking paint cans
- Unidentifiable paint or containers
- Paint not in original containers
Rona Building Supply Stores Paint Program
As of July 4, 2011, consumers can drop off cans of old and used latex and alkyd paint, and stain at any Rona Building Supply stores (British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan), no purchase necessary.
This program does not accept: plastic paint, car paint, industrial paint, aluminum paint, road sign paint, granular dye, surface conditioners, varnish solvents, tar, adhesives or preservatives.
For more information contact us.